Re: [Roadsters] WOW - Up and running!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net (Datsun Roadster List)
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] WOW - Up and running!
From: ppeters914@comcast.net (Pete Peters)
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 20:34:57 +0000
Welcome. Great story. Sounds like you got a good deal.

If you've been watching for a while, then my referring you to the technical
section of 311s.org should not be a surprise:

<http://www.311s.org/pmwiki-311/pmwiki.php?n=TechSection.Electrical>

Pete

From: "speeddemonrs" <speeddemonrs@cox.net>

Hi all - This is my first post to the group, and have been watching you all for
some time learning all I can. I picked up my first Roadster 2 weeks ago; 1966
1600. The owner told me that it has been sitting for 4 years (garaged,
thankfully) and that an "electrical issue" forced it off the road back then and
has been sitting ever since.

[snip]

After my little drive around the block, I started thinking about the original
electrical issue. I pulled back into the garage, left it running, opened the
hood and disconnected the battery. The engine died!! HOLY CRAP!! The whole time
the problem was the alternator!! (or is that a generator in this car?) Well -
either way, I think that was the problem the entire time!

All that being said ~ it doesn't appear that my local auto parts stores have
access to this part. Where would I go to get a new/rebuilt one?!?!?

Robb Shannon
1966 sp311 1600
Surprise, AZ