[Roadsters] What's the point?

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] What's the point?
From: "Steve Harvey" <stebharvey@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 09:52:40 -0700
Group,

After checking everything I could think of plus all of the suggestions from
the group on why my 1600 would run great one minute and then miss, pop, and
die the next, I think I finally figured it out. I changed the cap, rotor,
plug wires, coil, fuel pump and  fuel filter and checked wiring for loose
wired but still the problem would come and go. Well, today I hand rotated
the engine over and looked for the correct gap to appear between the point
contacts. The gap was around .009" on all four lobes. Book states that it
should be .045 -.055 mm or .018" - .022". I replaced the points and set them
to .020". Took her for a quick spin around the block (in the rain) and she
ran great. I'll take her out on Tuesday for a longer run in dry weather just
to make sure that I've totally solved the problem. Thanks to all who
provided input.

Steve