Re: [Roadsters] OT: vintage pics for aircraft buffs

To: "'Gary McCormick'" <gkmcc@sbcglobal.net>, "'RWM'" <RWM@RWMann.com>,
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] OT: vintage pics for aircraft buffs
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 21:40:36 -0700
Yeah, the Merlins, or even an Allison. I grew up with the sounds of those
engines in the Unlimited hydros out on Lake Washington. There was a reason
they called them "Thunderboats" - the ground would shake when they went by.
The new boats are certainly faster and more high-tech, but calling them
"Thunderboats" is a joke.

And of course, none of that would compare to sitting a few feet behind one
in a Mustang - Yow!

Gordon Glasgow