Re: [Roadsters] sway bar towers - keeping them straight

To: <nmleeds@mindspring.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] sway bar towers - keeping them straight
From: "Matthew A. Smith" <matthews517@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 17:37:40 -0400
Wow that brings back memories! I haven't jumped railroad tracks since the
early 80's! I'm ITCHING to do it again now! It's not going to happen in my
Roadster, but maybe I'll have to get a rental car this weekend. As the other
Jeff Foxworthy said... pay for the extra insurance. Because that Ford Fiesta
is going to see more airtime than a skateboarder at the X Games!

My former "jump-mobile" was a hot rodded 64 Chevy 1/2 ton long bed pickup
with a big block (my first car... Thanks Mom!) Some of you Southern
California folks may even know this place. Simi Valley, going down Sycamore,
hitting the tracks at about 80 will land you 3/4 of the way across L.A.
Avenue!!! HAHAHAHAHA! 15 feet of air and about a 60 foot jump. Eventually
the frame broke but OH MY GOD it was fun!
Matt "redneck" Smith