Re: [Roadsters] primer

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] primer
From: "gregs672liter@netzero.net" <gregs672liter@netzero.net>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 20:44:41 GMT
Bob, for some reason I am not able to respond to your emails direct but here
is what I wrote...
I realized that after I had posted I was talking about their plastic filler,
not the primer (then noticed your posting subject).  However, if the filler is
any indication of the quality of their products I would be fully confident.  I
am sure it is a "self-etching" primer, designed for use on bare metal.  I was
just talking with my supply house yesterday about this as my car is also in
bare metal and has been for a bit, and I was concerned about rust.  They
indicated that it is not an issue with these types of primers.  Sand it clean,
wipe it down with grease/wax remover and shoot it... it will be fine.  And
yes, what you normally do is seal the car with this stuff, do your body work,
then use it as a high build primer (depends on how you mix it as to what it is
designed to do... everything from sealer to high build primer).  Once you do
your primer coats, do a guide coat to help you find your highs and lows when
you block sand.  Then prime and guide coat again etc until she is straight.
Then do a final seal and prep for color coat.  It is quite the process and you
will understand why quality paint jobs cost so much!  But it will be worth it.
You can email me anytime and I will do what I can to help with what ever
knowledge I have.
Greg

-- 12061997@comcast.net (Bob Ballinger, Muncie,Indiana) wrote:

Thanks Greg,....I'm a first timer....Have you used this, then filled?  or did
you sand it off to fill? I sanded the car this Fall and it's had to have
surface sanded off again and I'm afraid of letting it sit while we do other
things with it. Like put it back together at some point!!!! thanks bob