[Roadsters] seat fabric patterns?

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] seat fabric patterns?
From: Brian Reynolds <brianrreynolds@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 12:16:46 -0500 (EST)
Happy New Year Roadster fans,

I removed the driver's seat from my '69 yesterday for recovering. I had
purchased seat bottom fabric from a local Roadster owner and a used
backrest portion on Ebay. To my dismay I discovered that neither are the
same as mine - 3 different seats equals three different patterns! Mine has
a diamond pattern, the seat bottom I bought is flat fabric with little
holes, and the backrest has little squares with holes in the middle (or
might resemble little four-leaf clovers if looked at a different way) and
a line of stitching horizontally across the front side half-way up.

Are these different patterns from different years or from different
suppliers to the factory? This problem also leads me to wonder how many
different patterns exist for '68-'70 - does anyone know?

If someone out there in Roadsterland is in need of fabric with the little
squares with holes / four leaf clover pattern with a stitch line across
the front, I have a complete set including headrests - cheap. All of it is
good, but one bottom section needs some panels sewn back together. It
would be much cheaper to use my parts to fix up the set you have than buy
a repro diamond-pattern set from Dean or someone else. I can send photos.
I can trade too. I need a diamond pattern driver's backrest and bottom.

-Brian
Toronto

      Ask a question on any topic and get answers from real people. Go to
Yahoo! Answers and share what you know at http://ca.answers.yahoo.com