Re: [Roadsters] Harnesses and helmets

To: andycost@embarqmail.com, datsun-roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Harnesses and helmets
From: Jerry Krakauer <jsk977@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 16:07:54 -0500
The first federal lap belt standard in the US was in 1965 although they had
already been required by several states. In fact most states had been
requiring the provision  of front anchors since the early 60s. While the
roadster had a shoulder belt starting in 67, and of course Volvo had a 3
point starting in 63, they were not made mandatory until 1973.

Jerry Krakauer