Re: [Roadsters] cleaning carbs

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] cleaning carbs
From: "James Fogg" <James@jdfogg.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 07:48:57 -0500
>   Try starting fluid to clean with.  Cheaper and a lot easier on your
> health
> than most carb cleaners.  Just don't use it indoors or near an open
flame.
> BTDT

Starting fluid is ether. It vaporizes faster and at lower temperatures
than anything else in your shop and it's insanely flammable. Its vapors
are also a powerful anesthesia agent and used to be used for surgical
anesthesia. Use caution.

I almost lost a barn to a fire caused by starting fluid used on an old
tractor on a cold morning. I had a lot of hay on the floor that made it
real interesting. All I had to put out the fire with was a rake and
shovel.