Re: [Roadsters] Roadster air filter question ...

To: <RoadsterGB@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Roadster air filter question ...
From: "dave" <daveandlindab@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 21:09:31 -0500
I started doing this on my 69 2000.  First thing is relocating the washer
pump and reservior, fits nicley in the pass front corner if you remove the
fuel filter bracket.  There is very little room between the radiator and
body you have to snake around the coolant tank.  For a nice  easy air box,
don't laugh...Home Depot sells a stainless steel spackle pan, exactly the
right size.  About 4 inches wide on top, 3 inches at the bottom 12 " long.
You would put it open side up, drill and cut holes in the side for the
carbs, and fabricate a top.  It's air tight polished stainless steel, and
in-expensive.  Bolt a 3" hose fitting on the end and hook up the air tube.
Make sure you punch all the holes for the carbs, air inlet, 2 for the bolts
and the other 2 holes are air vents to the piston.

Dave Brisco