Re: purchasing a non titled car--mechanic's lien ??

To: oliver <sumton@sbcglobal.net>, "datsun-roadsters: autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: purchasing a non titled car--mechanic's lien ??
From: Tim Putland <tputland@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 10:48:27 -0800
I bought a car here in WI. from a guy who bought it to fix up and then sell. He
never put it in his name. He bought it from Rawhide Boys Ranch and the title is
still in that name so I doubt (HOPE) the car will turn out stolen.

I was waiting to title this second car until I got my WI collector's  plates
for my FIRST Roadster, then I would get the plates for the second Roadster.
(Second and subsequent "collector" plates in WI are issued a 1A, 1B, etc after
the initial plate number is issued to the collector/owner.)

So, if I run into any issues, let me ask this: What is a mechanics lien? And
what do you do with one once you have it.

Thanks!!

Tim

Hopefully all legal here in
Belleville, WI.
'70 SPL AND SRL...and now a part car for cheap cheap..and again, until I find
another...

---- oliver <sumton@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

your other option, if you have a good friend who is a mechanic, is to have
him issue a mechanics lien.  i think that's a multi month process, but an
option