Re: Not done with keys

To: <tonys10110@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Not done with keys
From: "SlowBoy" <slowboy@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 10:55:41 -0700
You said the key blank came up short, does that mean it did not work in the
lock or just happens to be short?

I don't know what your key blank looks like but I have had to have a couple
blanks shortened for certain locks. I believe it was the NISSAN WASO key
with the egg shape.
http://www.datsunroadster.com/PIC_PAGES/PARTS_INFO_PAGES/key_info.htm The
WASO is the one on the far right for 69-70.

I also have a blank that looks like the 68-70 key in the picture, but the
blank I have is shorter than the key for the high windshield doors. It is
actually the length of the Griffen keys.

So here are some blank numbers to ask your locksmith about.

Blanks for high windshield cars I have:  Taylor D79V fits my doors, ILCO
MZ12 matches the ignition, there is also a Taylor key that looks like the
NISSAN WASO but it says fits MAZDA on it and I know for a fact it works my
ignition.

Low windshield blanks: Dominion Lock Co. DT15 & DT13, ILCO DT13 (These are
the keys that have the short length but look like the 68-70 blank in the
picture)