New technology for old cars.

To: "'Ronnie Day'" <ronday@tlabgalaxy.net>,
Subject: New technology for old cars.
From: "Graeme" <graemes@internode.on.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 12:20:10 +0930
 "This thread has made me realize that we might want to organize an effort
to re-create as many of the poor quality pictures in the manuals and old
documentation as we can using digital cameras, and possibly some of the line
art, too. I think Illustrator might be able to re-trace the drawings.

I know the new books by Scott Sheeler are excellent, but since I haven't
seen them (yet) I wonder if we still wouldn't benefit from pictures taken
with digital equipment.

FWIW,
Ron"

Hi all, digital cameras have been the best thing invented since the clip to
seal the bag to put sliced bread in.
Another excellent form of electronic wizardry is a good quality
scanner/printer.
I scanned two pages of my SP310/SPL310 Parts Catalogue for Ron then emailed
them directly to him.
(No point sending the message to the list since it strips any attachments.)
I use an Epson Stylus PHOTO RX630: it will scan not only docs. but all
formats of photos and negatives as well as all current Memory Stick types.
I still wonder how cars were restored prior to the existance of the WWW,
email and digital technology in general.
Providing the original doc. etc. is readable, it can be scanned, editted in
a clever photo editor and it comes up suitable for emailing or reprinting.
Takes a wee bit of your time but once done you have a permanent record of
what may be a very valuable reference.