Re: More on brake/fuel line plastic

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: More on brake/fuel line plastic
From: Brian Reynolds <brianrreynolds@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 22:33:30 -0400 (EDT)
Today I replaced the rear brake pads and rotors on my '98 Ford Taurus
wagon and was surprised to see plastic tubing covering the brake lines. It
made me wonder about the problem mentioned recently about plastic on the
Roadster brake lines. The answer has to be either: A) the plastic used by
Nissan prematurely corroded the brake lines, or B) the brake lines had
reached the end of their expected life given the age of the car and local
climate, and the plastic hid the corrosion from view. Should we be aware
of this issue with regard to old cars other than our Roadsters?

Brian Reynolds
Toronto, Canada