Oil gauge line on the engine

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil gauge line on the engine
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 12:42:42 EDT
Hello all,

    The R16 engine I just rebuilt had a leaky oil line.  The flexible one
that screws into the block and goes toward the oil gauge. These  seem to have
gotten kind of pricey. I took a couple of old leaky hoses to my  local hose
store. They salvaged the unobtanium fittings and rebuilt them with  teflon tube
stainless steel braid covered line. They were tested to 3000  psi so I think
they
will work fine. For two they were $45 each. If I can round  up a hand full of
old ones to salvage the fittings from the price can be pushed  down a bit.
I'm also looking into some type of black hose and reusing the outer  spring to
maintain the look of the original. So anyway, if there is any interest  and I
can get cores donated/sold to me for cheap I will get a batch made up. Let  me
know if you can help out and if you would prefer the stainless braid look or
the original black hose/spring look.

keith "the slow carb guy" williams