Re:

To: Marcus Pryor <banshee16@starband.net>
Subject: Re:
From: Ron Hamilton <fj201@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 16:10:16 -0700
Bite the bullet and pull the head;
Given the outer steel shell broke at the weakest point, the minor
diameter of the the threads, the likelihood you will have to repair the
threads is probable. You don't want pieces of steel from the old plug
threads sitting on top of the piston and creating hot spots or worse
like jamming a valve.. If you could manage to remove the remaining part
whole without drilling, you could re-tap the aluminum head and insert it
with a better chance of survival but still iffy. I just had the same
happen to my Miata and the cost by a competent mechanic with misc. was
900.00