RE: Mini Iron Bottom Fun Run

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.ne roadster list'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Mini Iron Bottom Fun Run
From: "Eric Hankinson" <eric@railpros.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 21:31:25 -0700
Steve,

AWESOME VIDS! I have to get the same setup for my car so I can re-live what
a fun time I had chasing Victor on all these AMAZING roads (I guess I will
need a zoom lense!).

For any of those who have tried it, following Victor is a true
white-knuckler. It is UNbelievable what he can do with that car! You say to
yourself, is he really going to take this curve THIS FAST??  And then of
course, he DOES!!  So then you say to yourself, well he didn't die so I must
be able to do it too!  Weeee!!!!!!

It is unreal how quick solexes, 4.38:1 rear diff + posi, and continuous
6,000 RPM is! (Of course, Victor's BIG BRASS ONES are really the key
ingredient!)  It is all I can do (with 4 more cylinders) to keep up!  (I
guess I will need to add that stroker kit and fatter meats to my Christmas
list!)

We need to do these fun runs more often!

I was planning on doing the California Melee in Northern California in
September, but from what I hear, the "cat's out of the bag" and they have
too many people who want to register and they cap it at fifty entries.
Therefore, I imagine I will likely be out of luck.  Therefore, I think we
should plan another fun run for the same weekend (a "Mini-melee" perhaps??).
It is scheduled for the weekend after Labor Day.  Any interest out there??
Let's start planning now...

Eric Hankinson
1969 2000
302 V8
www.unnfair.com

>>Steve Wan wrote:

Great run, all those who made it. (Tom, Rick, Eric, Victor, Gary, Fergus,
Joaquin)
We started out with 8 cars(1 vette), and only had one casualty who
fortunatelly made it home without a tow..
Thanks to Victor who bought us all lunch at Ollie's!  Overall a great
turnout.

I tested out a suction camera mount on the door which worked rather well
with
minimal camera shake unlike the in-car pole-semi-secured to roll bar. In
that
situation my digital camera with the lower framerate took better videos and
eliminated most of the shaking.

A few pics and some fairly large video files are up for your viewing
pleasure!

http://www.olsonarchitect.com/roadster/index.html

Steve
70 1600