Re: Wiring Harness Cleaning

To: "Ronnie Day" <ronday@tlabgalaxy.net>,
Subject: Re: Wiring Harness Cleaning
From: "Mike H." <twobeaners@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 08:34:16 -0500
I unwrapped, inspected/repaired, and re-wrapped my harness with Scotch 33
electrical tape. That stuff is bullet proof to everything but solvents. I
used your standard "409" household cleaner on a rag to clean the wires. If I
could do it over, I think I would use zip ties or tape to secure the wires
at intermittent locations and then cover with "split-tubing". Not really
necessary, but I got to thinking (AFTER I finished!) it would be alot easier
to troubleshoot, or repair future wiring problems that way.
Mike Hudson  '67-1600