Differential leaking?

To: "Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Differential leaking?
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 12:23:46 -0400
  Anybody every replace the seal at the drive shaft on a 3.90 differential?
Last week, I drained and refilled the differential on my '69 1600.  When I
jacked it up yesterday to pull a flat tire, most of the new oil drained out,
apparently through the shaft seal.  Not a good thing.  Especially since I'd
like to drive it to Summit Point in a few weeks.  Any words of wisdom before
I go trying to take everything apart?  Or is this were I should swap in a
2000 axel complete with a 3.70 R&P (With a KA24 and 5 speed, the 3.90 is a
bit high leaving first gear for stump pulling!)?

Paul Kort
Ohio