Re: Door Sill Question & Thanks too

To: res1a278@verizon.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Door Sill Question & Thanks too
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 13:31:45 EST
Here's what I did. I took some fairly thick sheet metal and made some  plates
about 3 " wide and 4 or so long. Bent the end at a 90 about 1/2 inch  wide.
Drilled a couple holes in the right place for the captive nuts and welded  a
couple of nuts in place. The folded end rests against the flange where the
body
is welded together on the bottom and is welded in place. That way you have  a
nice solid attach point for the fender. Then if you want you can fiberglass
of  sheet metal in the rest of the rusted out area.

keith

In a message dated 2/18/2006 9:51:18 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,