Re: paint guns - bit ot

To: lou daly <lou_daly@yahoo.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: paint guns - bit ot
From: RacerY@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 17:59:20 +0000
Don't be too afraid of the newer HVLP-

they work fine, and the new paint formulations are designed to work better with
them.  They also save you a fraction on materials, as they get a bit more of it
on the car.  And you probably won't notice it's HVLP once you get going.  Some
of the early, cheaper guns WERE harder to use.

If you want better results, the mix is critical.  in the PPG materials that I
work with, the reducer has been... (wait for it)... reduced to... (again)
reduce VOC emissions per gallon sprayable.    So if you 'over' reduce (or just
use the old ratios) the material flows a LOT better.  Be a bit careful with
this, as I've had some trouble with base level absorption and popping...

It's just your liver, you know?

Toby

From: lou daly <lou_daly@yahoo.com>