RE: 1600 engine in a 2000

To: "'Camron Ware'" <camronware@yahoo.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 1600 engine in a 2000
From: "roadster katman" <roadster@rcn.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 19:16:04 -0800
Keep it badged as a 2000. It will always be a 2000 (rather, as a
SRL311). Doesn't matter what powerplant is in it. However, if you enter
it in a car show you can't list it in the Stock category. It'll be
classified as Custom or Modified, depends on the show rules. Being
"proper" is a subjective thing; the only way to be proper is to put the
original matching engine # back in but that's probably long gone, right?

Fred - So.SF