Fuel Hu - how to clean fuel lines and gas tank?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel Hu - how to clean fuel lines and gas tank?
From: nmleeds@mindspring.com
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 08:14:12 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
All,

Just went and got the temp plates for my car . . . and instead of working on
weather proofing and electrical problems decided to spend the day with the top
off racing down residential streets at 70mph and taking corners... All I can
say is WOW - even though the suspension clearly needs some work my first
prolonged roadster driving experiance was well worth the effort.

Here's the problem:  After about 20 minutes of waking up the neighborhood (no
muffler yet) the fuel ran dry.  First, I looked in the tank - when I removed
the gas cap there was a suction fit.  Then I looked at the filter, bone dry,
and rusty.

I'm guessing that some breathing line or fuel line is clogged with rust.  After
about 20 minutes of sucking fuel into my mouth and spitting it onto the ground
the car started back up and I was able to get home.

Ideas?

Nathaniel