Re: Brake MC removal - The Winner is...

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake MC removal - The Winner is...
From: "John Friederich" <j.f@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 14:41:42 -0700
Stan - Funny, I saw that tool while at Sears - it saves the distance of the
3/8" attachment point, as the business end of the swivel is actually a
socket with no attachment point.  By looking at it, though, I wasn't sure
that the business end of the socket was deep enough to accomodate the length
of the bolt the nut was attached to.  Well, I can always use another 1/2" /
13mm open end, longer than my others located on the other side of the swivel
wrench I bought.

Your brace will be installed along with the new MC (sorry, Stan, got the MC
from the Nissan parts counter, with a nice discount through Keith Williams
(he must buy a bunch of NOS stuff there.).

The wrench you pictured would have saved a few minutes removing the nut, no
doubt, as I had to turn the 16 point box end one point at a time - but it
still wasn't bad at all.  If I did this for a living, I'd get the one you
pictured...

John F
69 2000
LV, NV