Re: tach - speedo

To: Phillip.B.Hall@nasa.gov, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tach - speedo
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 11:03:25 EDT
There is nothing inside to lube in the tach. On the back you have the brass
bit with the square hole that the cable slides in. This going through the
threaded part is the only bearing. Put a drop or two of light machine oil
between the inside brass and outside aluminum. Also make sure the cable is
lubed
well. It's amazing how hard the cable and one bearing chattering can drive the
needle. I've seen the hair springs twisted like a pretzel and the only thing
connecting it to the input cable is a magnetic clutch with no physical
contact.

keith

In a message dated 4/27/2005 5:42:13 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,