Re: Changing engine mounts without pulling engine?

To: "Doctor Evil" <doctor_evil@fastmail.ca>
Subject: Re: Changing engine mounts without pulling engine?
From: Marc&Heidi <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 21:56:04 -0500
I did this on a Datsun 320 truck, it might work for the roadster.
I put a floor jack under the oil pan and jacked it up until the
suspension just started to unload .
Undo the fasteners on one side, mount-to block...mount-to-frame I don't
remember the order but it should become apparent.
Once the fasteners are out, jack up the engine enough to clear the
mount and remove it.
Replace with new.  you'll probably want to connect the mount to one
side (block or frame) so that fingers are out of the way when lowering.
Have a spotter guide the engine/mount down in to position as you S L O
W L Y lower the motor back in position. It should pretty much drop back
in.
Replace and tighten fasteners, and repeat on other side.

The 320 motor mounts are different from the Roadster's but it should be
apparent after a visual assessment whether this will work.