RE: anti-theft devices

To: "Donna and Terry Cost" <tcost@hot.rr.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: anti-theft devices
From: "Tom @ Datsun2000" <tom@datsun2000.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 08:27:05 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
[mailto:owner-datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of Donna and
Terry Cost
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2005 8:13 AM
To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: anti-theft devices

When I worked in a shop that sold and installed car stereo systems I saw the
damage thieves did to the cars brought to us for radio replacement.  That is
why I am a FIRM believer in factory installed radios today.

For my own car I actually designed a protection system using CS Teargas
canisters under the dash with solenoids to activate them if a warning horn
was not heeded in a short amount of time.  It would have worked great, and
the crook would probably have been nearby, but I never had the courage to
install it in any car.  I was afraid a friend would forget how to disarm it
quickly and get a blast themselves.

>>> Or, you can attach a pull-wire to a tie rod and have an explosive device
blow
out a tire at the first turn.  Walk to the car, change the tire, and drive
off.  If you attached another explosive device to the drivers seat you could
also catch the thief, or parts of him.  Just don't forget to disarm the
device
each time you drive your car..

Leisure Suit Terry >>>>

Tom