voltage regulator issues

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: voltage regulator issues
From: "Stephen Wan" <Steve@olsonarchitect.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 12:38:50 -0800
Ok, I've done the 1 wire alternator swap.
Since it is self regulating, is it necessary to have the external voltage
regulator connected?
Are those 6 wires going to leave a vital connection open if I remove it?
I need a place to mount my ignition coil.
And while we are on the topic of voltage regulation, I have had the gauge
voltage regulator go out on me intrmittently.
Has anyone tried to bypass it?  I guess it won't be needed if the system
voltage remains a constant 14.4V
Perhaps a rheostat in line with the temp sensor?  But would this affect the
fuel gauge as well?

Steve
70' 1600

090102us_pic.jpg]