spring replacement help!

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: spring replacement help!
From: "Matt Jacquet" <matt@vander-bend.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 11:19:53 -0800
 Hello list,

Going to finally replace my stock springs with a set of Mike Young specials.
Pulled the driver side spring plate off last night and was doing some
fitting of the new spring and found this:

Even after trimming the rubber spring/bushing cap the ID of the new spring
will not seat over the top spring bush or seat correctly all the way down on
the spring plate. The new springs are at least .150 smaller on the ID.

Should I take an air file and clean off the powder coat on the ID of the
spring, clean up the bushing, grease them both up and let the weight of the
car seat the springs?
Also, anyone know the size of the spring plate bolts? PO partial rounded 2
of them and I'd like to replace.

Thanks for the help
Matt
Spl311(2)