Soft Top help please

To: "'Datsun-Roadsters@Autox. Team. Net'"
Subject: Soft Top help please
From: "Greg Hare" <ghare@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 10:31:56 -0500
I got a partially completed soft top with my 69 2000. I got a front seal for
the top, and glued it on, now I cannot get the latches to latch. It's almost
as if the seal were too thick, although I have no reason to believe it to be
incorrect. The two outside ones seem like I might get there with enough
fiddling, but the center one just will not seat the tab on the latch into
the slot on the windshield bracket. I've seen this "dent" above the rearview
on my other roasdster and this car has it too, where the tab has pulled the
lip on the top of the windshield forward because it didn't seat in the slot.

Is there some sort of trick to adjusting this thing right? Any help greatly
appreciated as always.

Thanks