Re: 1963 3 seat on Ebay

To: reblues@reblues.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1963 3 seat on Ebay
From: BARTERDUDE@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 09:25:20 EST
Even though the plate shows 77 hp, this has been modified to DUAL  carbs.
The 77 hp model had single carb.  Interestingly, Datsun parked  the first 87
numbers until later in 63 or 64.  The 1500 had cast iron heads  and a chromed
metal valve cover for the singles too, so this definitely looks  like an engine
swap.  Missing cowl for fan, dash knows are different.

Being an officianado of the early roadsters (and owner of 3 current and 3
past), it's not bad, but I don't think it's worth his starting price.  Just  my
2 cents.

Gary Lasater  - Parker CO
founding member _www.wycroc.org_ (http://www.wycroc.org/)
1963 SPL310-300161C