A day in the rain...

To: Datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: A day in the rain...
From: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.B.Hall@nasa.gov>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 14:50:28 -0600
Hello Roadster fans - addicts

I need to sit down - At work today and the building was flooded with 3" of
water from a broken line.  Been going through soggy files all morning, so I
am going to sit and ramble at you guys/gals:)

Two weeks ago my Mercedes was in the shop AGAIN, and this time for two new
catalytic converters.  That car has been in the shop 7 times now and still
does not run right.  Like I told MBUSA in a not-so-nice two page letter "my
1966 Datsun Roadster runs better then this 2004 Mercedes Benz".  So, while
the MB was in the shop I drove the Datsun.  It was raining cats, dogs,
horses, cows, and a couple of pigs.  I want to say, I had an absolute
BLAST!!!  Of course the top leaked and I was sliding all over, but I had
that great Roadster grin.  A  911 flew by in the blowing rain with the
driver giving my Roadster a serious going-over and a big thumbs up.  I was
wondering to myself that day, and everyday sense, why not drive this almost
everyday?  The MB is a lot of fun to drive, now with the very large H&R sway
bars, but the Datsun is just as fun.  Sure it may not be as fast, but is
that a bad thing?

Last Friday I stopped at the stealer - oops I mean dealer - and drove the
new '05 Frontier.  Nice.  265 HP and 285 in lb torque.  I had the 2001
Frontier which my wife traded for a SUV.  I really liked the old Fronty
except it needed more power and more rear seat room.  Both solved with the
new model.  The stealer said they would work a deal (they have both MB and
Nissan) because of the problems with the MB.  I don't know.....  I like the
MB, wife hates the MB, wife wants me to trade for Frontier, the MB corners
so well, .....,,....,,...   wife said "if you want to act 20 drive the
Datsun"..  (it is pretty funny - I blow through a 270 degree off ramp in the
MB and my wife just about barfs).

A day in the rain with my Datsun Roadster started all this........

Well, back to the clean up - Have a great day!

Phil
SEROC  - hey, speaking of SEROC, I picked up 12 yards of blue nylon fabric
for $1.00 a yard.  I am getting the sewing machine out this week and make a
SEROC banner.  Let you know how it turns out.