RE: OT- we finally got a 'practical' car..

To: "Datsun Roadster Forum" <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: OT- we finally got a 'practical' car..
From: "Loren Berg" <lberg@minnetronix.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 10:29:41 -0600
Good deal, but I think I've got you all beat!  I pulled off my greatest
"practical" car purchase last Friday.  Seems there is this software
engineer at Medtronic (medical device giant here in Minneapolis/St. Paul
area) and he breaks down on the way to work.  No time to fix his car, so
he buys a new minivan instead.  Auto salvage says they'll pick it up and
give him $50. So I say I'll give you $100.  He says "sold".  It's a '93
Plymouth Grand Voyager, 3.3L V6, 4-sp auto, airbags, CD player, good
tires, new brakes, 7 passenger,etc. Only thing wrong with it is a broken
belt tensioner.  $50. for the tensioner and an hour later I've got a
perfectly running minivan with no rust.  No rust in Minnesota is a big
deal.  Even came with a 1/2 tank of gas.  Cheap license tabs and no
collision insurance for me either.

And Yes I know it's a minivan, but I am married with two kids under 10
years of age.

 - Loren
'68 1600 converted to U20 w/5-sp (currently w/death rattle)
'70 2000 awaiting restoration