Re: header

To: Richard Hugi <richard@tntarch.com>,
Subject: Re: header
From: Ronnie Day <rday@hot.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 16:39:32 -0600
> Is the gasket between the header flange and the exhaust pipe on a 66 a
> standard gasket or is it a special order.  I purchased the 66 on Craig's
> list and the header gasket leaks.  My Neighbors probably weren't very
> happy with me going to work at 5:30 this morning. Also, if wiper blade
> question is reading, I bought some Trico II part # 11-6 blades this
> weekend from Kragen and they work perfectly.

Okay,

The inside diameter of the pipe is 1 7/8, the inside of the flange itself is
2 1/2 and the inside of the outlet pipe is 2 inches. You should be fine if
you can find a header flange gasket that's 2 1/2 inside.

It helps to make sure both mating surfaces are flat. The nice thing about
the flex section is that it allows you to get a good tight seal at the
flanges, mount the bulk of the exhaust system pretty solidly and still
allows the motor/exhaust header to move a bit and not put a lot of
mechanical stress on the header.

HTH,
Ron