RE: 2 weeks and a thousand miles

To: datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: 2 weeks and a thousand miles
From: Marko Lahtinen <lahtinen_marko@yahoo.com.au>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 16:01:45 +1000 (EST)
Great to hear others are driving their cars every day.

I have also just finished 8 straight weeks of roadster
only driving to and from work, clocking up almost 300
miles each week (and filling up once a week).  Great
on fine days, less so in the storms we have had
recently.  On very wet days, I am very happy that my
top is almost 100% leak free as my car has sat outside
all day (one small leak seems to be due to a gap in
the glue between the canvas and the wooden bow of the
1500).

After six weeks, nothing has fallen off.  I did find
an intermittent problem with electricals which listers
have given me some advice on.  And I have moved
suspension (at least new shocks), steering box, and
installing my Daihatsu Copen seats to top of the "I'll
do that next" list.

Marko
64 1500 with R16
Sydney