Water Pump Stud Thread

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Water Pump Stud Thread
From: Ronnie Day <rday@hot.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 19:41:21 -0500
No, not another message thread, sorry couldn't resist. I need to know the
thread pitch on the large lower water pump stud. I've pried on it, I've
soaked it in penetrate, I've banged on the water pump around it, but the
water pump refuses to come off. Thought I'd double nut it and see (carefully
of course) if I can just unscrew the stud. So I took the nut that came off
the stud to Lowes today but couldn't get the nut to thread on to the 1.50
pitch metric bolts and the threads are too fine for 3/8 SAE 16 thread and
too coarse for 24.

I'll check what passes for fastener supply places here in town tomorrow. But
I'm beginning to wonder if the threads are 1.50 metric and just need to be
chased. Had really hoped to get the head off this weekend, but obviously
didn't. Still fighting a mild but persistent infection. What a PITA. When I
was playing with these things regularly before I could work all day then
wrench for another 4 to 6 hours. Okay..., so it was 1973, but I haven't aged
a bit..., really!! ;>)

TIA,
Ron