project begins

To: datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: project begins
From: lou daly <lou_daly@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 14:10:12 -0700 (PDT)
wanted to shart this
getting a bit excited as I'm about to begin the
project I've been thinking about since I first saw the
pics of Mark Sedlacks chevy-datsun

using the 67.5 1600 I picked up in alabama last spring
(nice car but a bit rusty - needs both floor pans due
to being outside with no windshield:)

just picked up an 88 mustang lx 5.0 5 speed and
probably 3.20 or so posi (the posi still works and it
does about 1300 revs at 50 mph) runs good and goes
fast - the car is a rustout but complete and runs
great - these cars are about 170 hp or so ford says

in US$ the datsun was 600 and the mustang about the
same was cdn$ 800

it is a roller cam motor with fuel injection
but I'm swapping the fuelie stuff for an 84 mustang
5.0 h.o. carb manifold and distributer (straight
exchange) it is a 540 holley i think

gonna part the mustang next week
hoping to use the mustang pedals and cable for the
clutch...blablabla

i'll put some pics together once things start rolling

got a lot to learn and i guess this will take a good
while but it does feel good to get things going

lou