Re: dyno time!

To: neffster189@adelphia.net, datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: dyno time!
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 13:10:32 EDT
Hello all,

    Well, to put it a little more clearly than I may  have in the past. What
I have done is put together  a selection of British  SU needles that seem like
they should work in the U-20 SU engine. Currently the  collection contains 4
pairs and I am getting ready to add 3 more. They are all  varying amounts
richer than the Nissan N-17. It just seemed like a good idea for  one person to
maintain a set of loaner needles rather then lots of  people ordering needles
trying to find the correct ones. Each change made  to the engine will change
the
needle requirement to varying degrees so it's  really hard to tell what will
be best for your engine without trying them out.  The Nissan N-17 is a good
starting point and most cars will run pretty well on  them, but, if you are
going for the best needle for your individual car you need  to start
experimenting.
    Here is the policy on my loaner needle set.  Assuming it's not already
loaned out and I've got a complete set, I will send  you the set of needles.
After you try them out I ask a couple of things. First,  let me and the list
know
how they worked and how your engine is set up. That way  we will develop more
group knowledge. Second, If you decide to keep one of the  pairs, pay for it
and return the rest of the set. Third, Since there is only one  set please get
them back to me in a reasonable time. Don't sit them on the shelf  "till I
get than engine done next year". I understand that it takes a bit of  trust to
loan out what will soon be in excess of $200 worth of needles, but, so  far I
have found list folks pretty trustworthy and don't expect to have any  problems.

Thanks,
Keith Williams

In a message dated 10/13/2004 9:13:56 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
neffster189@adelphia.net writes:

Gordon  Glasgow commented:
>Man, talk about customer service! That's a really  cool idea.

I wasn't entirely sure what Keith's 'policy' was  on sending me $120
worth of needles to try, so I didn't want to say  anything that would get
either of us in trouble in the listgroup. But the  fact is, I want to
publicly thank Keith for doing that, and getting them to  me on short
notice! And hopefully Keith will get something out of my dyno  charts that
I sent him.

thanks,
dan neff     '69  2000
colorado springs,   co