Re: Selling of a family member

To: barkert <barkert@charter.net>, datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Selling of a family member
From: "datsun parts.com" <datsunpartsdotcom@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 08:28:50 -0700 (PDT)
   Todd,

   Alot of memories and history with this car Todd. This brings up many
memories from 20 years ago for me as well as I saw this car and remember the
work you put into it and your commitment in keeping this car a daily driver.
      A few of the list people were around during the "pre-computer talk group
era" of your roadster and probably remember the swap meets and runs that were
organized by the DROC here in L.A. Things have changed a great deal since then.
I have seen many people come and go.
      I hope when you're standing and looking at that empty spot you can
somehow hold some of the great memories and experiences that owning this car
has given you and the contribution you and your wife have made to the roadster
community !

Dean

barkert <barkert@charter.net> wrote:
Hello all,

Just thought I would drop a not about the sale of my car. I bought my 1966
Datsun back in November of 1984. I had never seen a car like it before, and
I had to have it. It was my daily driver up until 1994. I took it to Solvang
many times and to Shasta a few times also. I spent countless all-nighters
working on the car with my grandpa and wife to have it back together for
school the next day. In 1991, my wife and I took the Datsun on our honeymoon
to the Yukon and Alaska. We spent a total of probably 12 months camping out
of our car over the years.

I decided to sell the car because I did not have the urge to really get into
it and restore it again. I am hoping that it will find a good home and be
used and enjoyed as much as I enjoyed it over the years.

I sold it on Ebay to a gentleman from Vancouver. He is driving it home as I
write this. A long trip, but I am sure it will make it.

I hope you don't mind the bandwidth, but I never really believed I would
sell this car, and it is very hard looking at the empty spot in the
driveway. I apologize for my ramblings.

Todd Barker

Long Beach, CA