Re: Volvo brakes help

To: worm611 <worm611@ptd.net>
Subject: Re: Volvo brakes help
From: Paul Souza <pauljsouza@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 12:12:51 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Jeremy,

I am going to keep it as simple as possible and stick with the setup on the
311s.org site.

I am going to use the volvo calipers and the manifold setup with a new 280z
brake master cylinder.  I purchased my manifold from Bo Larsen and my stainless
steel lines from Dean at Fairlady.

The parts appear to be easy to get and the maintenance will be simple.

Hope your project goes well,

Paul ..

worm611 <worm611@ptd.net> wrote:
Paul,

Thanks for fowarding that to me.  I went with the Stainless Lines and fittings,
I think it cost me a total of around 50 bucks.  I think its a much cleaner
look, and I'm not crazy about pepboys aftermarket parts, nor 35 year old NOS
rubber on my brake lines, but thats just my opinion.

I was talking with a fellow about running slotted and or vented rotors.  I'm
questioning the width the calipar has to travel in order to squeeze the factory
solid rotor, does this look like any issue to you?  I haven't read anything
about it, just wondered.  The vented rotors will be a huge improvement on top
of the volvo calipars, but not sure if the factory solid ones fit snug, if I'll
have enough room for probably twice the thickness of a vented rotor.

Any thoughts on that?

Jeremy
68 2000
Lancaster, PA