RE: U20 "B" cam and never knew it!!!

To: Roadster Listgroup <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: U20 "B" cam and never knew it!!!
From: Dan Neff <neffster189@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 08:14:08 -0600
Bill Cole wrote:
 >.. started and got out the mirror looked to see what cam is in my motor and
 > it looks like I have a new B cam. Now the questions. What distributor advance
 >should I be running? I have SU's and already recurved distributor to 7.5
 >pre-pollution. Should I be running a locked up plate or is that only if you
 >have solexes.

I'm running 20deg on my B-cam/SU, however I also have the Gary Boone EI
distributor. I'm not sure, but maybe you want to go with about 18 degs with
a mechanical dizzie? I highly recommend Gary's dizzie with your B-cam so
you have good/precise firing at the rpm's where that B-cam works for ya.
I wouldn't 'lock up the plate'(? you mean disable all advance?!!?) for
any reason. Solexes don't have a vacuum advance. I haven't tried mine
withOUT vacuum adv, but don't expect it would help you any (some
qualification depending on the advance springs in your dizzie).

 >   I have been in contact with some other owners about my engine vibration and
 >will try to figure it out in the next few days. Maybe exhaust or mount??? Open
 >to suggestions...   Bill Cole

The only 'vibration' I can think of that doesn't include a definable *sound*,
might be engine mount(s), u-joint(s), or bad gas/tune -- I seem to get about
a tank of bad gas per year, and the car vibrates (among other things).

dan neff     '69 2000
colorado springs,  co
http://www.wycroc.org