Re: Alternator swap

To: <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Alternator swap
From: "Stephen Wan" <Steve@olsonarchitect.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 15:00:31 -0700
The 30A was between the alternator and the Ammeter.  Since then I have an
additional wire going direct to the battery(unfused), but have not been able
to test it. Regardless, the regulator should not be supplying a full 60A to
a fully charged battery unless it was faulty.  I have driven it up to 4500
rpm and have not been able to "excite" the alternator into charging. Sense
wire (#2) is hooked up to the alt output like it's supposed to.  I wired an
indicator light to wire #2 which is supposed to go out when the alternator
is spinning, but the light just stays on.  I'm at a loss to what to try next
except to replace it with another one.

Steve 70' 1600