Re: Progress?

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Progress?
From: Ronnie Day <rday@hot.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 18:14:32 -0500
> Gordon:

> Yeah, that bolt hole misalignment can happen when the head is milled too
> much. If you don't catch it on preassembly, you're stuck. There's no way to
> drill or file out that hole once the head is on.

Well the head measures 4.410 so it looks like it's been cut around .120.
Andy's turned me on to the folks in Cincinnati who make custom thickness
copper head gaskets so once I get it off and get it checked I have several
options including a replacement head.

I'd have already pulled it but managed to trip the breaker on the power
trying to run lights and the air compressor in the store room and no one was
around to reset it. Looks like I probably won't be able to use the
compressor after all. Disappointing but not a big deal. Maybe tomorrow the
owner will give me access to the breaker panel so I can reset it myself if
it happens again.

Sure is nice to have a decent, if small, place to work and have some
wrenches in my hands again.

Ron