RE: Door Stop

To: "'Jeremy Welsch'" <worm611@ptd.net>,
Subject: RE: Door Stop
From: "Limprod" <limprod@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 21:25:30 -0700
I believe it is a rivet.

I had to drill mine out as a quick remedy. I was getting tired holding the
door while trying to figure out how to get the thing off too.   =)

Before I removed the other door I discovered some vendors had both
replacment pins and original "rivets" (for those who want to keep their cars
100% stock).

I found some SS clevis pins tapped for a machine screw on the end that
worked well.  Sorry, I forgot the exact diameter.  7mm comes to mind because
5/16"(?) was too big.

Take the opportunity to remove the stopper (accessible under the trim/panel)
and examine it.  As the rubber wears away on the stopper you start to risk
using your fender as the next door stop.

GL