RE: Carb question

To: "Datsun-Roadsters@Autox. Team. Net"
Subject: RE: Carb question
From: "Tom @ Datsun2000" <tom@datsun2000.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 00:28:04 -0700
Larry,

When I got my 2000 running it was acting very much the same as what you are
describing.  I tried working with my Unisyn to balance the carbs, but there
was just not much air flowing through the front carb.

Finally I sent the carbs to Keith (planned maintenance) and he told me that
the front carb butterfly was fully closed and did not allow any air at all
to pass through at idle.  There were no more problems after Keith repaired
the bodies and fully rebuilt the carbs.

Get yourself a mirror and take a look down the barrel of both carbs to see
if there is a difference.  Maybe your problem is the same as mine was.

Tom
69 2000
68 1600/L16
Portland