FW: FINAL STAND--CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS EXEMPTION REPEAL BILL

To: "'Datsun Roadsters list'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: FW: FINAL STAND--CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS EXEMPTION REPEAL BILL
From: "Pete Peters" <ppeters914@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 09:26:05 -0700
For you California members who may need help composing a response, here's a
sample letter from my brother-in-law. I am not a California resident, but
many states look to California when crafting similar legislation. I urge you
all to respond.

------- Begin Sample Letter ------------------

Governor Schwarzenegger

I urge you to veto the emissions bill presented to you by the legislature.
Bill 2683 is based on faulty logic and wrong perceptions. Only a tiny amount
of pollution is produced by those collector cars from the mid-seventies.
Passing this legislation would repudiate the hard work that resulted in the
compromise 30 year rolling exemption. It would carry on the tradition of the
legislature breaking it's promises to auto enthusiasts. They pass a bill,
establish standards then try to immediately change the agreement. I agree
with your proposal to dump many of these self-serving goverment bodies. But
dump this bill first. I will watch to see your action on this bill, along
with the hundreds of thousands of auto enthuiasts in California.

Thank you for your attention on this.

Thanks for listening.

Pete
Pete Peters