RE: WIPERS

To: "'Richard Hugi'" <richard@tntarch.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: WIPERS
From: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 11:34:00 +0930
Wipers suddenly stopped working.  I checked all connections and changed
blown fuse in engine compartment.  Any suggestions?

Hi Richard,
I've said it again and I'll say it before, check that the wipers can
physically move.
Disconnect the wiper motor linkage to the wiper arm.
You can check the motor for correct operation with a new fuse and no
mechanical load.
You can also check now that the wiper linkage and arms move with ease.
My educated guess is that the pivots have siezed.
I wrote a fairly long post on how to fix siezed pivots about 2 weeks ago,
should be in the archives.
Lert us all no what you find.
Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310 - under construction DSOA Member # 112
1971 P510 4 door - daily driver, original owner.
1972 PL510 2 door - VG30ET on Autogas.
1973 HS30/240Z - re-building to 2004 specs.
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290669159
Adelaide, South Australia.

---