Low Windshield: those rivet things

To: lonestar@cmc.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Low Windshield: those rivet things
From: "Jim InVirginia" <nqrithfordatsun@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 14:57:29 -0400
I have a 67 and have been thru this a few years ago.  My glass broke when I
took the frame apart, but the new (used) piece has been OK.  I was very,
very
careful putting it together, with resting it on folded blankets and
tightening everything
very equally.

I think regarding your rivit question I ended up drilling/grinding them and
replacing them
with small stainless steel nuts and bolts.  I wish I would have rememberd to
get those little parts
chromed by the chrome guy.  I got all the main pieces done, but forgot
those, and ended
up shooting them with "chrome in a can"

My scanner does not work with my new Windows XP software so I cannot take a
picture until
I borrow my wifes digital camera from work.  Let me know if you need that
pic, or if someone
else on the list comes thru for you.

Best Regards,
Jim