Re: Welding up a gas tank

To: neuman@RadOnc17.UCSF.Edu, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Welding up a gas tank
From: Bspark47@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 15:47:16 EDT
Were it mine, I'd ask around a little first. Radiator shops (to my surprise)
are often a good place to get a gas tank fixed, but do some checking around. I
would NOT fire up the MIG to do it, especially if there is the slightest
trace of fuel vapor in the tank, and there certainly will be. Gas tanks make
really good bombs if you don't do things exactly right.

Bill
70

In a message dated 08/23/2004 10:50:06 AM Pacific Daylight Time,