Re: New To The List

To: "Jeremy Welsch" <worm611@ptd.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New To The List
From: <efrisbee@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 1:25:16 +0000
Welcome Jeremy!!
Congratulations on your new Datsun!  Great year and model!  You are correct
about checking (and probably changing) all the brake calipers, slave cylinders
and master cylinders.   You will want to change all your oils, particularly the
engine.   Check your upper tensioner and make sure it's working correctly, of
course with 48K on that engine, you may find yourself in need of a complete set
of timing gears and chains in the near future.  While you are checking the
tensioner, check the "Evil L" to see if there have been any chain strikes ever.
 It's not fun to be driving and suddenly throw that chain... been there twice..
 I hope there won't be a third for me!

Good luck!!

Eric Frisbee
'68 2000 SRL311-04016