Re: tonneau cover, use mine

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, eric@railpros.com
Subject: Re: tonneau cover, use mine
From: "O'Farrell, Fergus" <Fergus.OFarrell@ngc.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 05:58:17 -0700
Hey Eric,
like some said, >40mph you are completely dry, and I would guess that this
season in Monterey is more about fog and morning dampness than anything else.
I am in the midst of an alternator swap, so you can use my tonneau if you want
for the drive.  Will the snaps be in the right places?  Who knows, worth a try.

I'd offer you my humble looking top, but I left it folded for so long that the
last time I 'pitched' it, the passenger window sewn in doublers just fell off
(doh!) due to old stitching, and I got a 3" rip (mat'l getting old and brittle)
on the drivers side front bow clip.  I don't think you'd want to show up in
Monterey with it.  (Salinas or Los Banos maybe, but not Monterey)
I'd borrow someone's ski goggles and some foul weather gear (I have some of
that too from year of being sailing instructor) and throw caution to the wind.
I don't think I am going to buy a top.  I think I'll make a plexiglass wind
break that spans the back seats (maybe spans completely out to the rolbar), and
have a 'bimini' top made like the jeeps use.  I have only had the top up 4
times in 4 years, so can't justify expense of a top that'll just sit,
especially when my upper chain tensioner is at full salute.    E-mail me if ya
wanna try the tonneau on your car.  (home e-mail:  fergus_o@msn.com)
Fergus O, 69 2000, HB, CA